Homemade Pan Release (Better than Pam!!)
1/2 cup corn oil or 1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup vegetable shortening, room temperature (Crisco shortening is good)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer beat until mixture has increased in volume slightly and resembles marshmallow cream.
3. Place in a container with a lid and store on the counter or in a cupboard (in hot weather it may be refrigerated).
4. The mixture tends to separate slightly upon sitting in your cupboard or refrigerator so mix before using, then brush pans using a pastry brush or a clean paper towel.
5. You may wish to use butter flavored shortening. Or, when making a cake or cookies, use cocoa powder in place of the flour. Either way?you will not have the brown ?goo? on your pans as you do with the sprays?.ick!!
Submitted by Kari from Illinois
original recipe submitted by Kittencal to Food.com
Do you have a Helpful Hint of your own?
Tell us about it and we might publish it.
Do you have problem? Maybe we can help.
Click Here to tell us about it.