Amish-Style Strawberry Pie
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 quart fresh strawberries
whipped cream for topping (optional)
1 9 inch baked and prepared pie crust
1. Boil together water, sugar and cornstarch for 1 minute.
2. Remove from heat and add gelatin and lemon juice.
3. Cool slightly and and add strawberries.
4. Pour into cooled 9" baked pie crust.
5. Serve with whipped cream (optional).
If using frozen strawberries, increase cornstarch and gelatin 1 1/2 times.
Submitted by Debbie from Wisconsin
Do you have a Helpful Hint of your own?
Tell us about it and we might publish it.
Do you have problem? Maybe we can help.
Click Here to tell us about it.