2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 slices thick cut bacon
2 large hamburger buns, split
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 slices Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 slices pineapple
2 slices tomato
2 slices of iceberg lettuce
1. Place chicken breast halves in a plastic zipper bag with soy sauce, seal the bag, and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Fry bacon, until evenly browned. Spread cut sides of hamburger buns with butter.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Lightly oil grill.
3. Remove chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Place chicken breast onto the preheated grill, and grill until chicken is cooked through and is no longer pink and juices run clear, 4 to 5 minutes per side. When chicken is almost done, brush each piece generously on both sides with teriyaki sauce. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on each chicken breast, and cover with a lid until cheese is melted.
4. While chicken is grilling, grill the buns, about 2 minutes, until toasted.
5. To assemble, spread the grilled sides of each bun with mayonnaise, and top each bottom bun with a cooked chicken breast, 1 1/2 slices of bacon, a slice of pineapple, a slice of lettuce, a alice of tomato, and the top bun.
*Entire recipe can be enlarged for more burgers.
Submitted by Patricia from Oklahoma
Aug 21, 2012 7:23 PM
great looking and yummy tasting.
Apr 24, 2012 12:15 PM
sound great, my kids love chicken, can't wait to try this on the grill this summer.
Apr 4, 2012 7:03 AM
could even turn into a salad! thanks!
Apr 3, 2012 11:49 PM
I might consider this with a few tweeks such as low fat mayo, low sodium soy sauce and teriyaki and skip the bacon.
Apr 3, 2012 10:21 PM
Looks delish! I'm not sure if I can fit this in my mouth. Looks like it would be to big to bite into. But I'm willing to give it a try.
Apr 3, 2012 7:32 PM
Thanks this sounds great. I would pound down the chicken breast so they wouldn't be so thick.
Apr 3, 2012 5:48 PM
Sounds wonderful and I'm not even a fan of skinless, boneless chicken breasts! I will have to try. Thanks.
Apr 3, 2012 3:32 PM
Sounds like a great change of pace from the usual burger! Thanks
Apr 3, 2012 2:59 PM
Woooooo Hooooooo ask me to dinner! great recipe
Apr 3, 2012 1:19 PM
Sounds great, I'd skip the mayo
Apr 3, 2012 11:13 AM
Thanks for sharing. I'll pass on this one.
Apr 3, 2012 9:41 AM
I had a pineapple burger the other night and it was awesome!
Apr 3, 2012 9:31 AM
now thats a meal..looks good and never thought to use pineapple on a sandwich...ty
Apr 3, 2012 9:30 AM
no pineapples on burgers or pizza.
Apr 3, 2012 8:40 AM
nice. I was expecting this recipe to be from Darin from Hawaii! <grin>
Apr 3, 2012 8:10 AM
clean and fresh tasting because of the p[ineapple! thanks.
Apr 3, 2012 7:33 AM
If you have never tried pineapple on a burger I would suggest you try! It adds so much flavor!!<br>I have always enjoyed adding pineapple to any sandwich!
Go back to the Main Page of the Archives.
Do you have a Helpful Hint of your own?
Tell us about it and we might publish it.
Do you have problem? Maybe we can help.
Click Here to tell us about it.