2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 slices thick cut bacon
2 large hamburger buns, split
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 slices Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 slices pineapple
2 slices tomato
2 slices of iceberg lettuce
1. Place chicken breast halves in a plastic zipper bag with soy sauce, seal the bag, and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Fry bacon, until evenly browned. Spread cut sides of hamburger buns with butter.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Lightly oil grill.
3. Remove chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Place chicken breast onto the preheated grill, and grill until chicken is cooked through and is no longer pink and juices run clear, 4 to 5 minutes per side. When chicken is almost done, brush each piece generously on both sides with teriyaki sauce. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on each chicken breast, and cover with a lid until cheese is melted.
4. While chicken is grilling, grill the buns, about 2 minutes, until toasted.
5. To assemble, spread the grilled sides of each bun with mayonnaise, and top each bottom bun with a cooked chicken breast, 1 1/2 slices of bacon, a slice of pineapple, a slice of lettuce, a alice of tomato, and the top bun.
*Entire recipe can be enlarged for more burgers.
Submitted by Patricia from Oklahoma
Do you have a Helpful Hint of your own?
Tell us about it and we might publish it.
Do you have problem? Maybe we can help.
Click Here to tell us about it.