Deviled Eggs with Bacon & Chives
12 lg. hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
6 slices bacon
2 tbsp. fresh chives or green onions, chopped
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. white vinegar
2 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 C. sour cream
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Smoked paprika, to garnish
1. Cook bacon slices until crisp. Drain and allow to cool. Crumble.
2. Slice each of your eggs lengthwise in half, to make 24 halves.
3. Scoop egg yolks out and into a bowl. Mash slightly.
4. Add remaining ingredients to egg yolks, mixing until well combined. If mixture is too thick, add a bit more sour cream, if desired.
5. Evenly divide yolk mixture among your egg white halves. You'll probably need to fill them generously-- it makes a lot of filling!
6. Garnish with paprika. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Submitted by Laure from California.
Do you have a Helpful Hint of your own?
Tell us about it and we might publish it.
Do you have problem? Maybe we can help.
Click Here to tell us about it.